Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine.

This week's WoW is Guardian of the Gate by Michelle Zink- the second book in the Prophecy of the Sisters trilogy. I found this cover over at Bookalicious Ramblings. I'm not sure if it's the final cover, at least for the US, but it definitely looks amazing, especially put next to the first book.

I really enjoyed the first book in this set and am eager for the next one and more of Zink's amazing writing that often made me feel like I was in the same time period as Lea and Alice which is a hard thing to do.

Details:
Reading level: Young Adult
Hardcover: 352 pages
Publisher: Little, Brown Books for Young Readers (August 1, 2010)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 0316034479
ISBN-13: 978-0316034470

11 comments:

  1. I love the cover on this one, Kari! Lovely choice :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dont know what the book is about, but the cover is good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't,can't,can't wait for this book!!!I want to read it so bad! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for featuring Guardian of the Gate in you Wow! I actually really loved that cover, but it turns out they went with something different.

    I can't share it yet, but I will say that as much as I loved the cover you have shown here, the final cover is 100 times more beautiful. Can't wait to see what you guys think!
    <3

    MZ

    ReplyDelete
  5. Michelle- Thanks for stopping by and I thought the first book was amazing. As soon as I finally saw a cover for it of any kind, I jumped in to use it as my WoW. I keep checking for a cover... =D So excited for this book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice pick, sounds like a good series. My picks are at The Crowded Leaf.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a great cover, too bad they didn't stick with it. Thanks for sharing though :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That cover's awesome so the final one must be so amazing. I loved the first book, can't wait to read this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice pick! I still NEED to read The Prophecy of the Sisters, and I hopefully will soon. Can't wait to see the final cover! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I also LOVED Prophecy of the Sisters, can't wait to read this and see what the final cover looks like!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I still haven't read prop. of the sisters so I better get my butt in gear bc this looks amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete