Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine.


This week's pic is one with a cover that has been plastered everywhere but now that it has a cover, I can feature it. =D I also found it for preorder on amazon.com yesterday for only $8.50 which is over half off. Thus, it is this week's WoW post. I really enjoyed the first 2 books in the series and am very interested to see where things finally go. The world Collins created is very thought out and very unique and even if it does remind me of Battle Royale, it is by no means anything like this book apart from a bunch of kids thrown together to see who survives and that isn't even something unique to BR. If you haven't read this series, I recommend you do although really, if you've waited this long, don't torment yourself- buy all 3 at once when Mockingjay comes out August 30 instead of sitting on the cliff hanger ending of book 2.

I also really like the cover of this one even if it doesn't quite have the dark, edgy feeling the first 2 books had. Both the title and the picture are very relevent to the book, particularly after the events in book 2.

8 comments:

  1. I'm with you on this one! Can't wait for this!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm intrigued... and I'll be waiting until this one comes out to read the series. (If I can wait that long). :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read this series yet, but I can't wait to start! Great choice :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely with you on this one. Probably my most anticipated book of 2010. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally agree! This trilogy rocks :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hehe. *hangs head in shame* I really need to read this series!! I've heard the books are great, though truth to be told, I'm not a huge fan of the covers. Hm, great pick though!

    And sorry for responding so late, but I'd absolutely love to be affiliates if you're still interested! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bring. it. on! I can't wait for this one! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait to read this one too! Great pick Kari ;]

    ReplyDelete