Saturday, February 13, 2010

In My Mailbox + Update

Another week gone by... half of February already over which is pretty crazy. We ended up with not quite a foot of snow on Thursday which is even crazier. Luckily its already melting away fast- we just aren't built for that much snow around here. I didn't do much on my novel this week- yet. I'm heading out to my friend's later today to take over one of her spare rooms so I can start workshopping the one I finished... figure out what to cut even if I think it's all important. She'll be there for me to bounce ideas off and what not. Here's to hoping it goes well... And that there isn't too many Kari freak outs while I fight with her and the people in my head. Yep, the crazy level will be high but that means it's fun.

The chat on my forum this week with Chloe Neill went great. She is most definitely a great writer and a really nice person. Hopefully she'll want to come back some time so stick around for that. We had a really great time and now I need to get her Chicagoland Vampire books to read. Yay more for the list.

I also finally have a button! Many thinks to Lucy from Delightful Reviews for making it. It's on the right sidebar of my blog... you should link me up.

Since that seems to be all I got this week for updates, other my annoyance with one of the people on the third floor of my apartment building who literally STOMPS up EVERY step.... why, I don't know, even at 3 am... then SLAMS their door... that seems to be it. And lappy is having serious issues and I don't know why but it's definitely making me mad... so, it's getting restored today but at least that gets a bunch of crap off it that I probably forgot even exists.


Now... on to In My Mailbox, hosted by The Story Siren, and I admit, I might have gone just a little overboard this week although I didn't think the Amazon books were even going to ship until the 16th. They lied. It shipped last Monday. So... eh. But I keep telling myself I will actually behave this week. I hope... =/

For Review from Forge Books
First Daughter by Eric Van Lustbader
Last Snow by Eric Van Lustbader

From Amazon.com
Incarceron by Catherine Fisher
Heist Society by Ally Carter
Gone by Lisa McMann
Crash Into Me by Albert Borris

From Half Price Books
Captivate by Carrie Jones (I had an ARC... I like the HB)
Lipstick Apology by Jennifer Jabaley
Sexy by Joyce Carol Oates
Just One Wish by Janette Rallison
Zipped by Laura and Tim McNeal
Lily Dale: Awakening by Wendi Corsi Staub

From Half.com (Not pictured... ran out of room by Toby)
I Heart You, You Haunt Me by Lisa Schroeder
Beneath The Skin by Adrian Phoenix

11 comments:

  1. Wow, you got some great books there. I'm looking forward to all your reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pile of books! Enjoy them :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome books you got this week. There are heaps of great titles there. Hope you enjoy reading all your books.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant button...and wonderful loot of books! Enjoy...I'm adding your button now :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great blog button!!! and EXCELLENT book stash!!!=)


    Saturday Networking!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the books that you got. Enjoy reading them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, nice book haul! Quite a few that I want to read myself. I hope you enjoy 'em all!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahh! you've got so many good ones! I'm excited for lots of those, especially Heist Society, Gone, Lipstick Apology, Just One Wish....okay, I'll stop listing them. But basically all of them. Happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great books this week Kari...hm should I buy Heist Society? I'm still on the fence with that one. Look forward to all your reviews though!

    -Eleni

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG you got a dog in the mail to? ...lol.. nice selection of books. Here's Mine

    ReplyDelete
  11. awwww cute dog!! I loved Gone and Crash Into Me was really good as well.

    Want to enter my Book Lover's Basket Giveaway??

    http://shootingstarsmag.blogspot.com/2010/02/book-lovers-prize-basket-international.html

    ReplyDelete