Monday, June 27, 2011

Author Interview: Karyn Henley

Here today is Breath of Angel author Karyn Henley to answer a few of my usually quirky questions!


You're dropped into a horror movie with your characters! What happens, and does anyone die?

If characters in Breath of Angel were in a horror movie, the draks (birds with human hands) would attack violently with much spine-tingling screeching when least expected. And everyone would die shocking and unexpected deaths – everyone, that is, except my protagonist and her romantic interest, both of whom would barely escape.

What would be the hardest part for you to be in Melaia's position?

I have always found it difficult to be interrupted and change what I’m doing at a moment’s notice, so I think the hardest part of being in Melaia’s position would be changing my plans. She thinks she knows how her life is going to play out, but time and again, she has to reconsider, sometimes on a moment’s notice, and change direction.

If you could pair Melaia with any character from any book, who would you pick for her?

If I were to pair Melaia with a girl who would be her friend, I would choose Aly from Tamora Pierce’s Trickster’s Choice. Aly has a family background that gives her a level of experience and insight that Melaia would find tremendously helpful. I think she would like Aly. Melaia develops a romantic relationship during Breath of Angel that grows in the sequels, but if I were to pair her with a guy who might rival that affection, it might be North from Alexandra Bracken’s Brightly Woven. He’s powerful but not flawless, and I think they would make each other richer for the relationship.

You're turned into a mythical creature! What are you?

Ah, this one is easy. I’m a winged horse. I think it would be fantastic to be able to both fly and gallop wild and free – and be as beautiful as a horse with wings.

What kind of cell phone would you describe yourself as?

I’m a very common cell phone that doesn’t do anything else but phone calls. I would connect with other phones only when it’s absolutely necessary. (I love people, but I’m very shy.)


Thank you, Karyn, for answering my questions and congrats on the release!

Breath of Angel is out now so make sure you guys all check it out!



No comments:

Post a Comment