Thursday, June 30, 2011

Meet the Characters of Lisa Schroeder!

Instead of just taking one or two characters... or heck, even characters from one book, I snagged a few of Lisa Schroeder's (wonderful) characters to do a quick interview. I have to admit, I always find it interesting what characters authors use for my questions, but they always seem to make me grin and Lisa is no different. So with that, and in celebration of her latest release The Day Before, I bring you guys another multicharacter interview!


Describe your perfect first date.

Ava from I Heart You, You Haunt Me: Oh, that’s easy. Because my first date with Jackson was just that.


First we went out for dinner (Chinese), and it was great because we both liked the same things - cashew chicken and beef with broccoli. When we opened our fortune cookies, I couldn’t believe what it said. “Someone is about to sweep you off your feet.” Jackson asked me to read it to him and when my cheeks turned pink, and I said no, he grabbed it out of my hands and read it himself. When we left the restaurant, he scooped me up into his arms in the parking lot and carried me to the car. “I guess fortunes really do come true,” he said while I laughed my head off.

After that, he took me out for frozen yogurt, and since it was next to a bookstore, of course we went there too. He bought me two novels I’d been dying to read plus a little bag of candy.

See? Perfect.

You find Narnia in your closet! What do you do?

Blaze from Far From You: I find that white witch and tell her where to go, you know? She is like seriously effed up. Then I go in search of Aslan, because Alice loves him and she’d be pissed if I went to Narnia and didn’t find Aslan. Talk to him. Although I’m not quite sure what I’d say to a talking lion. He seems like so much more, you know? God-like almost.

You're dropped into a room full of Death Eaters! What do you do?

Nico from Chasing Brooklyn: I’d do what I always do. Run. I would run the hell away from there as fast as I possibly could.

If you could become any paranormal creature, what would it be?

Amber from The Day Before: If you know me at all, you know I love books and movies, but I’m all about realistic fiction. I’ve just never been able to get into the paranormal stuff. I mean, I know a lot of people love it, and that’s fine. But me, not so much. So this is a really hard question to answer.

Let’s see. Vampire? No way. I hate the sight of blood. Werewolf? Ew. Stinky. Um, fairy? Maybe. Could I be a cool fairy? Like, a fairy in a band? Carries her drum sticks around in a little satchel when she flies?

Yeah, I’ll go with that. A cool fairy. 

What kind of cake/confection would you describe yourself as? 

Cade from The Day Before: Come on. What kind of question is that? You seriously want me to describe myself as a confection?

Let’s see. I just met Amber. Amber likes jelly beans. I dig Amber.

So… I’m gonna go with jelly beans. I think she said one of her favorites is lemon. A little sweet, a little sour. Yep. That’s totally me.


So there you have it! From dates to Death Eaters, there's a glimpse at the true personalities of some of Lisa's fantastic characters. Now be sure you guys all pick up The Day Before, out this week, along with Lisa's other books! You do not want to miss any of them.



1 comment:

  1. Fun!! I've only read The Day Before and I could totally picture Cade as jelly beans :)

    ReplyDelete