Friday, June 10, 2011
Top Five + Contest: Shade and Shift by Jeri Smith-Ready
5. Ghosts that are humanized, and everyone knows they exist. Sure, some people can't see them, but anyone born after a certain time? They can. It takes out the creepfactor, a little, and adds in a great element.
4. There's kissing. And some other things. Things I won't say, but trust me, you want to know about these things. But also there's kissing.
3. There's mystery. Mystery about Zachary. About Aura. There's just this building mystery, in the midst of everything else, that's put in there so freaking well.
2. Meet hot boy 1: Zachary. He's Scottish. Yes. Scottish. And he's hot. And endearing. And sexy. And did I mention he's a hot Scott?
1. Meet hot boy 2, and yes, my preferred one: Logan. He plays guitar. Yeah, he's kind dumb some times. But dang does this boy know how to love and love intensely. Oh, and he plays guitar. And sings. Yum.
And there you have it. My top five reasons why you need these books if you don't already. But if that doesn't entice enough, check out the Shift trailer!
So now for your chance to win a copy of both Shade and Shift, just fill out THIS form!
Contest is US Only (sponsored by Simon Pulse) and ends June 19
Want more about the books? Check out their website.
Posted by Kari Olson at 1:23 PM