Monday, April 25, 2011

Author Interview: Brent Hartinger


Popping in today is Brent Hartinger, author of Shadow Walkers!


You're trapped in a horror movie with your characters! What happens, and does anyone die?

What would be interesting would be if I was the killer. After all, I’m the guy who made all these horrible things happen to them in my book Shadow Walkers, so it kinda makes sense.

The thing is, Zach and Emory are both really smart, so I suspect they’d end up taking me. Probably some cool show-down on a boat where I end up ground up by the boat’s propeller. Yikes!

If Zach could plan his perfect first day, how would it play out (even outside of the confines of his specific world)?

It’s not about the “where,” it’s about the “who.” He’d spend it with Emory, some place light and open and airy: a picnic in a beautiful garden on a sunny afternoon, or perhaps on a hillside looking out over the world.

If you could pair Zach and Emory with any character from any book, what would be your pick for each?

What?! You’re asking me to split them up? Nooooo!


As friends, Zach and Emory would definitely get along great with Russel, Min, Gunnar, and Em from my “Russel Middlebrook” series.


And frankly, I think they have a lot in common with Sam and Frodo from The Lord of the Rings too.

If you were a demigod, what god/goddess would be your parent?

Apollo, god of poetry, and Eirene, goddess of peace. (Truthfully, there might also be some DNA from Deimos, god of fear and dread, thrown in there too!)

What kind of cookie would you describe yourself as?

Nothing fancy, but not your usual chocolate chip: a snicker doodle with just the right amount of cinnamon. But I don’t crumble under pressure.


Thank you, Brent, for those fantastic answers!

Make sure you guys all check out Brent's book, out now!

1 comment:

  1. I hadn't heard of Eirene, the goddess of peace, before now. So along with being entertained, I learned something new! Thanks for the fun interview! :)

    ReplyDelete