Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine.

This week's pick is Blood Wounds, by Susan Beth Pfeffer coming September 12 from Harcourt Children's.


Summary: Willa is lucky: She has a loving blended family that gets along. Not all families are so fortunate. But when a bloody crime takes place hundreds of miles away, it has an explosive effect on Willa’s peaceful life. The estranged father she hardly remembers has murdered his new wife and children, and is headed east toward Willa and her mother.

Under police protection, Willa discovers that her mother has harbored secrets that are threatening to boil over. Has everything Willa believed about herself been a lie? As Willa sets out to untangle the mysteries of her past, she keeps her own secret—one that has the potential to tear her family apart.

My Thoughts:  Okay, this premise? Oh my gosh amazing and intense and I want it yesterday. This gives a whole new reason for needing to be in a protection program. I want to know what the mom's secrets are. Why the dad not only killed the new family but is coming after them. I even want to know what Willa's secrets are, and how this all plays out. This is a fantastic premise, and that cover is catching and completely, utterly creepy. Honestly, I'd be a bit worried that girl would step out of the cover and knife me... and that makes it amazing. Want want want. Someone please share.

9 comments:

  1. Sounds interesting and like it would appeal to my inner Unsolved Mysteries fanatic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep. This definitely leaves you wondering what the heck is going on here! Good choice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is definitely one to look forward to! Excellent pick; thanks for bringing it to my attention!

    ReplyDelete
  4. another new book for this week. The girl looks so miserable. She's also frightening.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This one does sound interesting and one that I haven't heard of before.

    Jules x

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOh interesting, haven't heard of this one! I love me a good mystery!

    Here's my WoW

    Old Follower
    Jessica@a GREAT read

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just put this one on my wishlist a few days ago. Looks good.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/04/waiting-on-wednesday-15.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, this sounds like it will be an interesting read! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds very mysterious and interesting, must read.

    stop and see mine and my giveaways.

    ReplyDelete