Friday, April 22, 2011

Mini Reviews: A Need so Beautiful and Vanish

It's mini review time again! In which I tell you about some upcoming books that I'm still holding my full review, but want to gush about the book and get you excited for it!

A Need so Beautiful by Suzanne Young: Unique concept. Brilliant story. Fantastic execution. And one of the hottest boys ever. Yes. Ever. This one just has everything in it and is damn near flawless for this girl. I love Suzanne's writing, it's a style that just works for me for reasons I can't even explain. It's so straight and to the point, but still so vivid. And this story... okay, I didn't cry, but I know people who have and I can see why. It's just amazing, all around. It will make you think, without being ONLY a book that tears you apart and steals your mind. The romance is so sweet and so well done, and I just savored every moment Charlotte and Harlin were together. And Harlin... there are not enough words in the world to describe how hot, amazing, suave, delicious, basically salacious, this boy is. But the book isn't only about the romance, and it isn't only about what Charlotte has going on. So read it. You do not want to miss this one, at all.


Vanish by Sophie Jordan: Don't worry, this will contain no spoilers. Let's just say this one picks up shortly after Firelight ends, and throws you right into the action with all the emotion and grabbing intensity that the first book had. But this isn't one that's 'as good as' the first... it's better, in a way that doesn't automatically make the first bad, but still just makes this one shine, and gives huge promise for the third. Sophie's writing is solid, fantastic, smooth, and has a soft beauty to it that makes it just lick your brain and stays with you. The things Jacinda faces in this one have SUCH ties to our real world, and is handled so completely well, that I just couldn't NOT love it. This is a read in one sitting kind of book, leaving you wondering what's next and putting plenty of clues while still making it hard to guess things. And Will... Oh yes, my sexy man musk hunter boy is back in all his hot glory. If you loved him before, you'll freaking adore him now. But don't write off Cassian, because you will get to know that boy quite well too... and Sophie sure knows how to handle those boys! So bottom line? If you haven't picked up Firelight, do it because you want to read it, and this one.

3 comments:

  1. I want these SO BAD. Am so jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear these were both great reads! Can't wait to see if I cry because of Young's novel. Thanks for the reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the review! I've been counting down the days until the release of A Need So Beautiful for quite a while now, and this just makes me want it more. Aaaaaah. Want. Want. WANT.

    ReplyDelete