Monday, April 18, 2011

Character Interview: Charlotte Locke from Girl Wonder


Here today is Charlotte, main character from Alexa Martin's Girl Wonder, to answer a few questions!

If you could tell your brother anything, what would it be?

James Henry? Everyone always wants to talk about my superstar little brother. Annoying! But okay. Fine. Since you asked. Here is one of my favorite quotes by Alexander Dumas:

"Life is a storm, my young friend. You will bask in the sunlight one moment, be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes."

I hope James Henry doesn't make the kind of mistakes I made. As much as he pisses me off I love the kid. But don't tell him I said that!

What was it about Neil that you liked most? The least? What about Milton?

Neal. Big heavy sigh. Why oh why couldn't he be...? Okay. Let's not dwell on what could have been... What I liked most about Neal was his confidence. He had such an ease about him. He'll never know what it feels like to be an underdog, because he'll never be one. I wanted to be like him. I wanted to know how it felt to "own" the world. Ha. But like it or leave it I AM an underdog. I didn't like Neal's arrogance though. The kid's a snob. And he was snobby about Milton's mushroom hunting hobby. Screw that. As for Milton... I hated him at first. Aagh! He drove me NUTS! He pushed all my buttons. He made me feel like I was pretending to be someone else. Which I was, but seriously, did he have to be so in my face about it? What's so great about Milton is how without pretense he is. He's real. Himself. And comfortable with NOT being perfect. And comfortable with ME not being perfect (which I think we all know I'll never be). He makes me laugh. He helps me to laugh at myself. How can you not love that?

What's it like kissing Neil?

Neal was the first guy I ever loved. and I never felt good enough for him, so when he kissed me it felt like I was being "chosen." Saved. Saved from myself. Saved from mediocrity. As for the feeling... It was like sliding into liquid. But I know someone else who's a MUCH better kisser. Take that, Neal!

Though you go through quite the array of trials in the book, do you think it's worth it in the end?

Um, hello... I'm exhausted! How many kicks can one person get in one year? But what I've learned is that I was the one kicking myself the most. So yeah, I guess it was worth it to suffer like that. It hurt. It hurt like hell. But in the end I think it was a necessary pain... kind of like cutting off your finger to save your arm.

What kind of cookie would you describe yourself as?

Rocky Road! I'm complicated, that's for sure! Or maybe a macaroon, since I'm kind of prickly.


Thank you, Charlotte! Now make sure you guys all check out Girl Wonder, out May 3! It hits on the hard stuff with a fantastic grace, and has plenty of fun along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment