Monday, April 11, 2011

From the Boy Closet (8)

From the Boy Closet is a new weekly feature here at A Good Addiction that will spotlight a different well done YA hottie each week. If you follow me on Twitter, you've probably heard me talk about the YA boys I've shoved into my "Boy Closet" and this feature is thanks to that. It takes more than just looks to make me swoon for a guy in a book, and there are plenty of boys who didn't do it for me, so for the authors who wrote the guys who could.... this post is for you.

Today's hot boy is one of those guys which great intentions, but usually somehow ends up screwing things up anyhow. I, however, find that a little endearing, and with that, I bring you Logan from Jeri Smith-Ready's Shade. Logan is a rocker boy who looks damn fine behind his guitar on the stage. He wants to please everyone, and wants everyone to like him. His siblings are in  his band, and they have a good overall connection. And then there's how much he clearly loves Aura, and is devoted to her in ways she can't always see but that come through in the softest of ways. Logan is just a great blend of both the rocker angle, and the sensitive guy angle. And okay, so he's kind of dead pretty early on. But he's still Logan, and still charming and endearing.

And in case that didn't convince you, here's some quotes:

His eyes crinkled, softening his words. “You know I’d never leave you over this, either way. How could you even think that?”
“I don’t know. I’m sorry.”
“Me too.” He traced my jaw with his thumb, which always made me shiver. “I love you.”
He kissed me then, drowning my doubts in one warm, soft moment. Doubts about him, about me, about him and me. –pg 13

“Aura,” he whispered, “I wish I could wipe away just one of your tears. Ten I’d feel like a person again. Like I’m something more than a bunch of light.” – pg 126

“No! I won’t let you go through it alone.” Logan’s outline flickered again. “We’ll do this together. We’ll have each other’s backs, like we always. I may be dead, but I’m still your boyfriend.” –pg 239

3 comments:

  1. I like the new feature! I haven't read shade yet, but I think I must now ;)

    http://blackfingernailedreviews.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really neat feature! I think I'll be looking into Shade as well now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still need to read Shade.

    However, what I'd like to know is what closet you have that's big enough to hold all of these boys. I mean, I don't think even a walk-in would do it :P

    ReplyDelete